The 2018 Annual General Meeting of the Gungahlin Community Council Inc., and November public meeting, will be held in the Gungahlin Club commencing at 6.30pm on Wednesday 14 November 2018. The AGM will be held first.
Public Meeting Agenda
- Gungahin Town Centre Snapshot – the Town Centre Planning Refresh, Kathy Cusack, Executive Director, EPSDD
- nbn update, Lachlan Ceeney, ACT Local Manager
- Project Wing – Delivery by Drone, James Ryan, CEO
Annual General Meeting
All committee positions will be declared vacant and nominations for all positions are required: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Public Officer and Committee Members (up to five) – as the Constitution allows for a maximum of 10 members of the committee.
A person is eligible for membership of the Council if the person is at least 16 years of age and one of:
(a) lives in the Gungahlin district;
(b) owns property in the Gungahlin district;
(c) works in the Gungahlin district;
(d) conducts a business in the Gungahlin district; or
(e) has been duly appointed to represent a social organisation or interest group servicing the Gungahlin district.
A person is not eligible to nominate to be an Office-Bearer of the Council if the person is;
(a) an Executive Officer of a registered political party;
(b) a person employed by a registered political party;
(c) a registered candidate for a forthcoming election; or
(d) an elected member of the ACT Legislative Assembly or any Parliament or a person who has been pre-selected or has nominated for a forthcoming election to any of the aforementioned bodies; or
(e) an office bearer in a commercial or industrial lobby group registered with the Federal or ACT Government.
Nominations should be sent by emailing a completed nomination form to the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 6.00 pm Friday 9 November 2018.
If nominating another person, please ensure that your nomination is acceptable to them. If you know someone who may be interested in the work of the Gungahlin Community Council, please pass this information on to them.
1. Opening and welcome
3. Minutes of previous AGM held on 11 October 2017
4. Presentation of President’s Report for 2017-2018
5. Presentation of Treasurer’s Report (Financial Reports & Auditor’s Statement)
6. Appointment of Public Officer
7. Election of office bearers & general committee members for 2018-2019.
8. General Business