Frequently Asked Questions

The GCC does not rent halls or rooms. You can contact the following regarding rental of their facilities.

The GCC is not a local government; such matters are dealt with by the ACT Government in Canberra and can be reached through Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or

You might find the ACT Government information on pets useful.

General information on noise can be found on the ACT Government's Noise Portal

Fix My Street is an online reporting facility which provides direct contact with ACT Government Agencies for the reporting and resolution of municipal service requests. It can be used to submit reports on

  • Abandoned shopping trolleys
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Air and noise pollution
  • Bus stops
  • Cycle lanes
  • Damaged bicycle paths and footpaths
  • Damaged/dangerous trees
  • Damaged recreations facilities such as public BBQs and playgrounds
  • Damaged survey infrastructure (survey marks)
  • Domestic garbage a recycling collections
  • Driveway damage
  • Election campaign signage
  • Footpaths
  • Graffiti, litter and dumping
  • Grass
  • Litter and illegal dumping
  • Mobile & speed camera locations
  • Mountain Bike Trails (Nature Parks only)
  • Nature strips
  • Outdoor fitness centres
  • Overgrown grass in public places
  • Parking - illegal
  • Pot holes, sign damage, traffic lights and other road related issues
  • Road safety and traffic concerns
  • Shared pathways (walk/bike)
  • Shopping trolleys
  • Stormwater drains
  • Street lights
  • Street sweeping
  • Suburban parks & playgrounds
  • Traffic
  • Traffic lights
  • Trees & shrubs
  • Other

The ACT Government is responsible for selecting dates and for hosting citizenship ceremonies for ACT residents. More information can be found here.

The GCC is not a local government; such matters are dealt with by the ACT Government in Canberra and can be reached through Access Canberra13 22 81 or

Gunsmoke is the Gungahlin Community Council Newsletter. It is available online.

The GCC is not responsible for municipal services in Canberra; this is handled by the ACT government. A mowing schedule is posted online and specific mowing requests can be lodged through Fix My Street.

The NBN is available in all parts of Gungahlin, and for almost all areas it is based on Fibre to the Home (FTTH) (apart from Casey Stage 1). You can check the NBN status of your address on the NBNco website.



The Gungahlin Community Council receives support and funding from the ACT Government

Receive our Newsletter

Subscribe to receive occasional email updates on Gungahlin issues and Gunsmoke. Your personal details will not be used for any other purpose.

Upcoming Events

Translate »