The proponents of the Gungahlin Cinema project are hosting a community information session open to all residents:
WEDNESDAY 13 NOVEMBER 2019
DROP-IN AT ANYTIME
BETWEEN 5:30PM – 7:30PM
FUNCTION ROOM 2 – EASTLAKE GUNGAHLIN
PLEASE NOTE – this is the same night and in the same venue as the November GCC Public Meeting which starts at 6:30pm – we would hope to see you there.
The proposed design for the cinema complex comprises a two (2) storey commercial building that includes:
- Three ground level retail / commercial spaces,
- Ground level car parking spaces, including four accessible spaces
- A ground level cinema foyer leading to a cinema on the second level containing 8 Cinema screens
- New driveways and upgrades to adjacent footpaths and lighting.
The proposed design for the office development will feature:
- Five ground floor retail spaces
- Two floors of commercial office space
- Ground floor lobby, services, bicycle end of trip facilities and car parking spaces
- Basement car parking
- Upgrades to adjacent footpaths and lighting.
To help ensure the surrounding community is involved in the development process, the project team is undertaking a program of consultation to engage with neighbouring organisations, residents, and other key local stakeholders.
The proponent has been undertaking ongoing community consultation in relation to the Cinema proposal over the past four years. Shortly, a Community Information Session is to be held whereby members of the community can attend to view preliminary designs and provide input. The feedback gained from this process will inform the project design before it is submitted for Development Approval.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT
CANBERRA TOWN PLANNING ON (02) 6262 5091
OR EMAIL ADMIN@CANPLAN.COM.AU