On 21 February 2020 the ACT Government’s Suburban Land Agency (SLA) announced the sale of a number of blocks of land in the town centres of Woden, Belconnen and Gungahlin.
For more information about the GCC’s position on this sale see GCC Submission to Gungahlin Town Centre Planning Refresh.
The SLA web site describes these as Unique opportunities in Canberra’s major town centres. writing:
These blocks offer an opportunity to secure one of Canberra’s highly sought after commercial sites. Woden, Belconnen and Gungahlin are three of Canberra’s fastest growing town centres and major employment hubs, all within walking distance to desirable amenities.
Shopping centres, hospitals, bars, restaurants and public transport are all a short distance away – including the future light rail interchange in Woden connecting to the City and Gungahlin. All are zoned for a variety of uses including – multi units, hotel, serviced apartments and shops.
Don’t miss your opportunity to make your mark in Canberra today.
and goes on to describe the Development opportunities in Gungahlin Town Centre:
Don’t miss your opportunity to secure on of four Mixed Use sites and one Core site positioned in the heart of Gungahlin Town Centre.
This is your opportunity to build in a central location close to all the action. Each site is walking distance to the Gungahlin Market Place, Gungahlin Village, bars, restaurants, local offices and the Light Rail station.
- Flexible Mixed Use residential development opportunities
- Central location, surrounded by key amenities
- Walking distance to the Light Rail station
|Section||Block||Zoning||Size (m2)||Total Dwellings||Affordable|
Additional material provided by the appointed sales agents (Colliers) includes (downloaded 1/3/2020):
- Draft Contract
- Crown Lease Block 2 Section 11
- Crown Lease Block 2 Section 229
- Crown Lease Block 3 Section 248
- Crown Lease Block 4 Section 248
- Crown Lease Block 7 Section 249
- Project Delivery Deed CZ1 Block 2 Section 11
- Project Deliver Deed CZ5
- Sales Plan GTC
- General Sales Information -Gungahlin –
- PRESCRIBED CONDITIONS block 2 section 11
- PRESCRIBED CONDITIONS block 2 section 229
- PRESCRIBED CONDITIONS block 3 section 248
- PRESCRIBED CONDITIONS block 4 section 248
- PRESCRIBED CONDITIONS block 7 section 249
- Clearance Certificate – SLA – 2019 (A20241285)
- Dv364 (A24859709) background docs
- Gungahlin Town Centre Planning Snapshot background doc