The 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Gungahlin Community Council Inc., and December public meeting, will be held in the Gungahlin Club commencing at 6.30pm on Wednesday 11 December 2019. The AGM will be held first.
- GCC Update, Peter Elford, President, GCC
- Tamil Christmas Presentation
- Access Canberra Contact Centre, Kevin Bell, Access Canberra
- Bush Fire Preparedness, ACT Rural Fire Service
Annual General Meeting
All committee positions will be declared vacant and nominations for all positions are required: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Public Officer and Committee Members (up to five) – as the Constitution allows for a maximum of 10 members of the committee.
A person is eligible for membership of the Council if the person is at least 16 years of age and one of:
(a) lives in the Gungahlin district;
(b) owns property in the Gungahlin district;
(c) works in the Gungahlin district;
(d) conducts a business in the Gungahlin district; or
(e) has been duly appointed to represent a social organisation or interest group servicing the Gungahlin district.
A person is not eligible to nominate to be an Office-Bearer of the Council if the person is;
(a) an Executive Officer of a registered political party;
(b) a person employed by a registered political party;
(c) a registered candidate for a forthcoming election; or
(d) an elected member of the ACT Legislative Assembly or any Parliament or a person who has been pre-selected or has nominated for a forthcoming election to any of the aforementioned bodies; or
(e) an office bearer in a commercial or industrial lobby group registered with the Federal or ACT Government.
If nominating another person, please ensure that your nomination is acceptable to them. If you know someone who may be interested in the work of the Gungahlin Community Council, please pass this information on to them.
1. Opening and welcome
3. Minutes of previous AGM held on 14 November 2018
4. Presentation of President’s Report for 2018-2019
5. Presentation of Treasurer’s Report (Financial Reports & Auditor’s Statement)
6. Appointment of Public Officer
7. Election of office bearers & general committee members for 2019-2020.
8. General Business