Public Meeting 9th November 2016
Gungahlin Community Council Meeting
Date: 9th Novmber 2016
Community members present: 24 people 6.30pm – 32 present at 7pm
· Barton Highway / Gundaroo Rd/ William Slim round-a-bout; will be closed Sunday 13 Nov 9.30pm to 6am Monday. This has the potential to cause significant disruption. Signage will be in place to notify drivers. Other closures will be in place Monday 14 Nov [9.30pm to 6am] Tuesday 15 Nov [9.30pm to 6am] · Manning Clark Cres – Expected to reopen late November
· Extension to Ernest Cavanagh St will be extended during 2017
· Horse Park Drive – Well Station to Anthony Rolfe Ave to be completed mid-2017
· Horse Park Drive – Anthony Rolfe Ave to Mulligans Flat Rd construction expected to commence early 2017
· Horse Park Drive – Federal Hwy to Well Station Dr Work to commence early 2017
· Taylor – Stage 1 being developed – Total for Taylor 25,000 dwellings
· Gungahlin Town Centre
Information provided relating to the proposed development. Proposed to have three building consisting of 26, 26 and 8 storeys.
Attractive shared public realm with active commercial/ retail on the ground floor with 1000 square metres of rooftop dinning and possible tourism related facilities.
Approximately 300 apartments including studio, 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom apartments with underground parking.
The developer (Empire Global) aims to have the DA available by the end of 2016.
 7:55pm Eastlake Club Development in Town Centre (Block 1 Section 227 – bounded by Efkarpidis Street, Hinder Street, The Valley Avenue, and Kate Crace Street)
The presentation was provided by Eastlake Club representatives. Approximately 3000 square metres of floor space plus underground parking. The facility will have a number of dining areas and a function area. An external “pub-like” area will be accessible from the street with facilities available to the public and club members.
The meeting was informed that the Council’s AGM would be held on 14 December – All GCC Executive positions will be declared vacant. Members were invited to nominate for positions on the GCC Executive.