The ACT Government is delivering the road infrastructure to support a new high school to open in 2023. This school is to be located in the new suburb of Kenny.
Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS) will deliver this road infrastructure including:
- extension of the Albatross Crescent (west) intersection to the south by approximately 200 metres, including a roundabout at the southern end
- signalisation of the Well Station Drive/Albatross Crescent (west) intersection
- signalisation of the Well Station Drive/Kings Canyon Street intersection
- a shared-use path along Well Station Drive from Flemington Road to the proposed school entrance
- three bus bays along the Albatross Crescent (west) extension to service the school
- reconstruction of existing bus stops along Well Station Drive near the Albatross Crescent (west) intersection
- other necessary upgrades to infrastructure triggered by these works, which may include noise mitigation measures.
The TCCS project team is currently working through the designs for these works and as part of this process we are commencing targeted engagement with surrounding residents, the local community and stakeholders.
High-level designs have been prepared and are available on the City Services website.
If you have any questions or comments, you can get in touch by:
- contacting the design project manager, Michael Merange, via email at: EGHSRoadInfrastructure@indesco.com.au
- visiting the drop-in session on: Monday 17 May 2021, 6.30 pm – 8.30 pm at the Gungahlin Library, cnr Hibberson and Gozzard Streets, Gungahlin.